Firefighters tackling the blaze which saw the roof of one property almost completely destroyed. Pictures: Ian Burt

Fire destroyed the roof of a bungalow and badly damaged a neighbouring property during a blaze in Runcton Holme.

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was  called at around 11.50am last Friday after reports of a property had caught fire.

The roof of one home in School Road appeared to be almost completely destroyed in the fire, with firefighters in breathing apparatus using jet hoses to extinguish the flames.

It is believed the fire started in a shed before spreading to the bungalows.

The incident was under control by 2pm but crews were on the scene for several more hours, while a gas leak caused by the fire also had to be dealt with.

One occupant had to be treated for shock after the fire.

It is understood appliances from King’s Lynn North and South stations attended, alongside crews from Downham Market, Sandringham, Swaffham, Heacham and Wisbech.