A man in his 40s who tested positive for COVID-19 has died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Caroline Shaw, chief executive for the hospital in King’s Lynn, said: “The death of one of our patients who had tested positive for COVID-19, was confirmed on Saturday – a man in his 40s.
“Our thoughts and condolences are with their family at this difficult time.”
This was the first coronavirus-related death recorded at the hospital in a month, which brings the total to 153.
Last week the hospital said there would be a full review into every coronavirus patient’s death to look at whether any of the deaths could be avoided and what can be learned from each case to help the hospital cope with future cases of COVID-19.