The number of patients who have tested postive for COVID-19 has risen to 18 at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
Today a hospital spokesman said 15 patients with the virus remained in the hospital, five of which are being cared for on “critical care”.
On Tuesday, it was confirmed a patient was discharged.
But two men, one in their 60s and the other in his 70s, died last week. Both were very unwell and had significant underlying health conditions.
The hospital’s chief operating officer, Denise Smith, said: “We continue to care for a number of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19. One patient has been discharged and we wish them well in their recovery.
“I would like to pay tribute to our teams from across the trust who are coping with a challenging and fast-changing situation. I urge people to follow national advice. This includes reducing contact with others as much as possible and washing your hands as often as you can with soap for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with unwashed hands. Catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and bin it before washing your hands. This will save lives.”