FOOTBALL: King’s Lynn Town made it two wins in four days with a 4-1 Southern League Cup home win over Peterborough Sports to advance into the next round on Tuesday.

Joint Linnets managers Robbie Back and Neil Fryatt – appointed on a monthly rolling contract last week – used the game to rotate the squad completely and handed a debut to recent signing Chris Henderson who signed from Leiston on Saturday.

And what an impact Henderson made, scoring the opening goal on 17 minutes. 

One brought two just minutes later, as Matty Castellan headed home a corner by Eoin McQuaid. 

The visitors hit back in the opening minutes of the second half thanks to a Jake Newman goal. 

But the Linnets sealed victory with two late goals, Toby Hilliard firing home from the edge of the box and substitute Harry Baldry adding the fourth with the impressive Henderson claiming the assist.

The Linnets recorded a vital 3-1 home league win over Banbury in their bid to pull away from the lower reaches of the Central Premier League.

The only change from last Saturday’s FA Cup win over Stafford saw Michael Gash return to the starting 11 at the expense of Toby Hilliard.

Lynn got off to the perfect start in the sixth minute when Gash turned home a cross by Frazer Blake-Tracy from close range. 

A minute later it was almost two as a clearance from a Michael Clunan free kick fell to Ryan Jarvis but his strike was deflected behind for a corner.

Craig Parker’s dipping shot flew just over the Banbury bar and an effort by Harry Limb was easily saved by visiting keeper Jack Harding. 

In the 17th minute Banbury captain Ricky Johnson had the ball in the net for the visitors, only to see the assistant flag for offside. In first half stoppage time a free kick from Giorgio Rasulo deflected on to the home crossbar.

Banbury stepped up play in the opening minutes of the second half and Shamsi should have done better when he fired over the bar with Street stranded.

Clunan doubled Lynn’s lead from the penalty spot in the 56th minute, after Hawkins had been upended in the area by Wise.

The goal seemed to spark Lynn into life and the third goal came on 61 minutes and was all the work of forward Limb. 

He outpaced Jordy Ngathe and sent an unstoppable shot into the roof of the Banbury net.

Two minutes after that Ryan Fryatt had the ball in the Banbury net again following a Lynn corner, but the referee deemed there to have been a foul on the goalkeeper.

Banbury pulled a goal back in the 72nd minute. 

Substitute Amer Awadh’s shot came back off the frame of the Lynn goal, and as the Lynn defence struggled to clear the ball, the effort by Rasulo bounced past Street via a deflection and into the net.

The Linnets managed the game well in the closing stages to take their unbeaten run to five games.