FOOTBALL: Castle Acre Swifts Reserves gave Norfolk FA Primary Cup holder Dereham Taverners the fright of their lives in this season’s final at the FDC in Norwich.

The red-hot favourites went ahead after four minutes but Jason White pulled Swifts level from the spot after 28 minutes.

Led by man of the match Karl Harrison, Swifts matched their opponents until conceding a goal with 12 minutes to go.

In the closing stages Swifts hit a post and also saw a shot fly across the face of an unguarded goal.

Marham Wanderers were held to a 2-2 draw at Rockland United in Division One of the Barnes Print Central & South Norfolk League on Saturday but bounced back with a 5-3 win over Sporle on Tuesday to go third in the table.

Narborough Reserves went down 3-2 at home to Cockers in Division Three.

Terrington took advantage of North West Norfolk League leaders AFC Lynn’s cup involvement to pull level at the top of the table with a 4-1 win over Birchwood. Their goals were shared by Sean Copeland, Dan Griffith, Matt Prudence and Kodie Turvey. Paul Phillips replied.

AFC restored their advantage on Tuesday, but had to work hard for a 3-2 win over Ingoldisthorpe

Callum Coldman hit the goal trail for Redgate Reserves, striking four times in a 9-0 win at Hunstanton. Sam Peck 2, Billy Eastwood, Liam Sibbo,ns and Ben Witley got the rest.

Heacham Reserves netted six points from a 4-1 win at Castle Rising on Saturday and 3-1 against Thornham three days later. Ryan Kirby grabbed a brace in the first match

AFC Lynn will take on Bishops Lynn in the final of the George Graver Cup.

The league leaders romped home 6-2 against Ingoldisthorpe, while Bishops were 4-2 victors at Thornham.

Master marksman Andrew Wood rattled in another four goals for AFC, with Bryn Schmuda and Lee Toll also netting.

Mark Vice and Jamie-Lee Flores were Bishops’ scorers.

Division Two’s top two teams Snettisham and Denver booked their places in the final of the Charlie Day Cup.

Champions Snettisham hit back from a goal down to win 2-1 at Pentney.

A fine goal from Will Irving goal and a penalty conversion by Joe Green in the second half gave Snettisham victory against a home team reduced to 10 men after the penalty incident.

Defender Kieran O’Grady was the visitors’ man of the match”

The other semi-final was equally tight, with Denver squeezing through 3-2 against Marshland Saints.

Darren Thorpe put the home side in front but Saints levelled before half-time and went ahead six minutes into the second half with Steve Cooke and Nigel Jackson on target.

Substitute Andrew Carter equalised before Aidan Hood set up Matthew Wolfe for the club’s 100th goal of the campaign to seal victory.

PKS Construction/Morris Armitage Denver man of the match was Robbie Jackson.

Denver and Snettisham meet in the final at Heacham on April 29 with Denver also taking on Ingoldisthorpe in the League Cup final at Fakenham on April 18.

A second-half strike from Dan Brooks was enough to secure Denver victory over Pentney in Tuesday’s league match.

On Saturday, Ingoldisthorpe Reserves and South Creake shared six goals equally. Anthony Rice, Nathan Welsby and Ryan Younge netted for the hosts with Ryan Hugo, Paul Pierce and Adam Davies responding for Creake.

Matthew Rowe struck twice to earn Docking a 3-2 win at The Woottons Reserves with Carl Meek getting the other.

Kieran Stevenson’s goal for Birchwood Reserves proved in vain as strikes from Luke Biles and Jamie White secured Heacham A a 2-1 win.