Pelicans Girls Development team. Back, from left: Rosie Booth, Mia Moore, Amber Scott, Lucy Sagrott, Katie Page, Mia Pilkington. Front: Anna Wood, Chloe Papworth, Jessie Pack, Hannah Stoutt

HOCKEY: A fantastic display of teamwork and effort ensured that Pelicans twice came from behind to beat Dereham 3-2 late into the fourth quarter of their Development League encounter.

Lucy Sagrott epitomised the phrase ‘Goalkeepers cannot win games but they can save them for the team’.

Chloe Papworth had an outstanding game on the left wing and was rewarded with two goals.

Mia Pilkington, on her debut, made some well-timed tackles in defence alongside Katie Page and Jessie Pack.

Mia Moore ran like Usain Bolt on the right wing, while Norfolk Cars Mini Player of the Match Amber Scott and Rosie Booth worked tirelessly through the middle of the pitch, supported on either side by the dependable Hannah Stoutt and Anna Wood.

Scott got the other goal.

Honours finished even in the HA Cup, where Pelicans u16s drew 4-4 with Sudbury

A great display of teamwork and tenacity earned a draw for Pelicans at a wet and cold Sudbury.

The journey obviously took its toll as Pelicans conceded an early goal but this shook the team into action and it wasn’t long before Aoife McGovern followed up a shot to make it 1-1.

The game flowed from end to end with both teams creating opportunities. Midway into the first half Sudbury took the lead again but, as before, Pelicans came straight back and Jade Sandy forced the ball into the net after a goalmouth scramble.

The teams went into the second half level but it wasn’t long before Pelicans took a hold of the game and some driving runs forced a short corner, which Ellie Burt converted to give Pelicans the lead.

Sudbury came back in numbers and soon found themselves level.

Goalkeeper Mikayla Glover made some outstanding saves and some smooth passing through the midfield led to player of the match Amy Thompson driving into the D where she smashed the ball into the far corner to give Pelicans a 4-3 lead with five minutes left to play.

Sudbury would not lay down and came at the visitors in numbers.

Their revival was rewarded with an equalising goal to complete an action-packed match.