A new exhibition has opened at Lynn Museum in celebration of the 65th anniversary of King’s Lynn Festival this year.
Museum trainee Morgan Bell and festival intern Daniel Brown have created the new display in the foyer of the Market Street museum.
It will be the first of two displays and the focus is on the origins of the festival, which was first held in 1951.
It contains a 1949 extract from Country Life magazine about the restoration of the Guildhall, a photograph of the Queen Mother when she attended the festival, a bust of Lady Ruth Fermoy, who founded the festival and remained a staunch supporter for 25 years, a programme from the first festival and various listings of some of the musicians who have performed over the years.
Also on display are photographs and the painting, View from Behind Globe Hotel by West Norfolk artist and illustrator,Walter Dexter.
The current display will continue until June 15 when it will be followed by a display which will highlight the best of the festivals staged in the 1960s and 70s.
This year’s festival will run from July 12 to 25 and will include contemporary classical music, recitals, films, exhibitions and guided walks.
Contact the festival box office on 01553 764864 for tickets.