Victorious Chilvers team.

FOOTBALL: Chilvers kept the Cherrington Cup in their trophy cabinet with a dogged performance to earn a tense 2-1 win over FANG.

The first of Sunday’s West Norfolk Scaffolding King’s Lynn Sunday League cup finals at Fakenham Town saw Chilvers start with only 10 men.

They were depleted due to ineligibility and call offs, meaning manager Martin Brewer had to pull on a shirt.

But the lack of numbers seemed to affect FANG more than it did Chilvers with Jack Johnson and Kevin Leggett giving dominant performances at centre back for Chilvers.

Chilvers took the lead from the spot when Leggett sent Simpson the wrong way. Kris Smith provided what turned out to be a turning point with a magnificent one-handed save to turn a header from Tommy Rix over the bar, to prevent FANG equalising.

Chilvers extended their lead in the second half through Danny Jezeph before FANG finally got themselves back into the game when Jamie Buhlemann bundled the ball home but Chilvers comfortably held on.

Sutton St James and Flitcham fought for the TGWU Cup and Sutton continued their dominance of Division Two.

Sutton won the title with Flitcham Bell runners-up and that’s how they finished again after a dominant display from Sutton led them to a 3-1 win.

Lee Goodsell slid home a cross to give Bell an early lead but Sutton hit back for glory.

The league management committee thanked Geoff Saunders and all at Fakenham Town for use of their facilities.

England’s Hope re-wrote the history books as they completed a perfect season with 12 wins from 12 games in Division One.

Clenchwarton were their final victims and put up a fight when they took the lead through George Hutton.

Goals from Simon Bird 2, Joe Whyborn 2 and Ben Jimson secured victory before Clenchwarton goalkeeper Josh Barnes scored with a kick from his own box.

Wisbech Social were relegated from Division Two after suffering a 1-0 defeat away at Farmers Arms. Kristian Rigg scored the goal.

The Division Three title was decided and there were no final day dramas as Dersingham Social Club beat Elm 9-2 to secure the title in their maiden season. Anton Ely led the way with five goals. Harry Nash bagged two with Luke Biles and Robbie Palmer scoring the others.

West Lynn bagged a 5-1 win at Horsepigs Reserves but it wasn’t enough as they conceded the title to Dersingham on goal difference.

Matt Willis scored for Horsepigs but West Lynn secured the win through Gary Halliday 2, Dan Griffiths, Dean Twaite-Smith and Alec Wilkinson.

Dersingham face Sutton St James on Sunday in the Hardy Sheen Cup Final.

λ Anyone interested in entering a team next season should email for details.