FOOTBALL: Both goals came in the first half as Castle Rising and Gayton United Reserves shared a 1-1 draw in the only Division One game of the day in the North West Norfolk League. Anthony Glendinning scored for Rising with Gavin Buffham on target for the visitors.

Lewis Osbourne scored five times as Springwood racked up the day’s biggest score, beating The Woottons 10-3 in Division Two. He was joined on the scoresheet by Joshua Rowe 2, Ryan Juby and Alexander Oughton with Sary Rahma, Stuart Tucker and Jan Lawrence replying.

James Langley tucked away a hat-trick in Methwold United 7-1 win at Flitcham & Hillington with Kurt Baker grabbing a brace and Rhys Nichols and Jason Spooner also scoring. Daniel Blackmur got the visitors’ consolation.

Ben Baxter-Hunt and Ian Hutchison got two each and Lewis Hewitt one as Watlington beat Terrington 5-0 and Tim Cheale netted two of Snettisham Maroons’ goals in a 4-1 win at Hunstanton. Kelvin Kerr and Mark Lloyd completed the visitors’ tally with Laurie Hibberd hitting a second-half reply.

Tilney earned a point with a stuttering performance in a 4-4 draw against Greyfriars in Division Three.

The game lacked the drive and commitment from either team to produce a clear winner and some debateable refereeing decisions also put a spin on the final result.

Home goals came from James Goude 2 and Michael Lobley 2 with James Goude earning man of the match, although Julian Faulkner worked hard throughout the match.

A second half surge pushed Great Massingham to the top of the table. They led 2-1 at Redgate Reserves at half-time but romped clear to win 7-1 with goals from Chay Davies 2, Dean Enifer 2, Karl Harrison, Kyle Watts and James Newman. Gary Bowman got the home reply.

A first-half goal from Jamie Bramham was enough to earn The Woottons Reserves victory over Denver.

Wesley Auker scored twice for Ingoldisthorpe A in a 3-1 win over River Lane Rangers. Sean Ely scored the other with Jamie Long replying.

James Cook was the Marshland scorer in their 3-1 defeat at home to Lynn Napier Reserves, while honours finished even at Thornham, who drew 3-3 with Docking. Matthew Blake, James Gillings and Will Wakefield’s goals for the hosts were cancelled out by Jess Desborough 2 and Ricky Ramshaw.

A lack-lustre first half saw Snettisham Maroons Reserves trail 3-2 at home to Springwood Reserves in Division Four but they hit back to clinch a 5-3 win with goals from Perry Cracknell, Damon Desborough, Jordan Groom and Wayne Brooks 2. Snettisham’s man of the match was Liam Sibbons.

West Lynn’s fine start to the season continued with a 3-0 victory over Birchwood Reserves. Steve Firth bagged a first half brace, including a fine lofted shot from the wing with the keeper in No-Man’s Land. Neil Gotsell stole the show with a sublime half volleyed lob.

Lee Emmerson was man of the match for a solid display at full back.

Danny Rasberry scored twice for Castle Rising Reserves in a 5-3 win at Pentney but Jonny Fisher’s brace for South Creake was mere consolation in a 4-2 defeat at Heacham Reserves.