FOOTBALL: Birchwood completed the first leg of a league and cup treble on Wednesday.

 Man of the match Rowan Smith and Bradley Wilson were on target in a 2-1 victory over Dersingham Rovers A to secure the North West Norfolk League Division Two Cup. Seven points from their last three matches will be enough for them to add the divisional title to their haul and they are also through to the George Graver Cup final after a 3-1 win at The Woottons.

Leaders Wells Reserves’ title hopes were taken out of their hands on Tuesday when they could only draw 2-2 with Castle Rising. James Manning and Brian King scored for Rising. Rising also ended Dersingham’s promotion chances on Saturday with a 3-1 success. Martin Barnes, Kenzie Corbett and Jake Kenyon were on target with Kris Smith replying.

West Winch had only nine players for the first half of their trip to Flitcham & Hillington  but Simon Mace and Jack Rake scored in a 2-0 win.

Dan Fleming netted four times for Hunstanton on his return from injury but it was not enough to halt a 5-4 win for visitors Denver.

In Division One, Tuesday’s goalless match between top two Lynn North End and AMA Lynn means only a 26-0 defeat in their last match, at Lynn Napier, will stop them retaining the title.

Heacham played the first 40 minutes of their game at Ingoldisthorpe a player short but led through Ryan Mellor’s goal. Their line-up included 64-year-old Alan Gillings, playing his final 90 minutes for the club. But that expereince could not save them as they fell to a 4-1 defeat.

Springwood and River Lane Rangers will meet in the Charlie Day Cup final. Springwood saw off Tilney 3-1, while Rangers were gaining revenge for their Division Three Cup final defeat against Snettisham.

Springwood couldn’t find the breakthrough until midway through the first half when Lewis Osborn’s free-kick curled into the top corner. Chez Rust extended the lead with a fine header from Michael Rix’s cross. Tilney upped the pressure in the second half and got back with James Goode on target but Kenny Diggins killed off the game with 15 minutes left.

Springwood’s man of the match was Jake Seekings with Luke Girling the Tilney star.

Snettisham were left ruing missed chances in the first half as River Lane pounced on a defensive error to go ahead and they never looked back with Dan Bailey and John Parish 2 on target in a 3-0 win.

Snettisham bounced back in the league on Monday with a 7-2 romp at Docking. It was 1-1 at half-time thanks to goals from Anton Ely for the Maroons and Carl Meek for Docking. The second half saw Ely score another three, Stuart Deadman one and an own goal made for a comfortable win for Snettisham. Joe Dean hit a consolation.

In a hectic schedule, Snettisham won 3-1 at Lynn Napier Reserves on Wednesday with goals from Ely, Scott Deadman and Stuart Deadman. Michael Bunn pulled one back.

Ingoldisthorpe A needed a big win in their final Division Four match and got it with a 19-0 romp over Pentney. Great Massingham need an unlikely 21-0 win at Heacham Reserves to pip them to the title.

Adi Bliss and Rob Gowler were West Lynn Reserves’ scorers in a 3-2 home defeat to South Creake Reserves, for whom Daniel Studd 2 and Craig Bulley netted.

Pictured is Heacham’s Alan Gillings who played his last game for the club at the age of 64.